• 3-5 Green Bell Peppers
• 1 – 1 ½ cups of ground beef or turkey
• Equal amount of parboiled or cooked white or brown rice as beef (1-1 ½ cups)
• 2 TB chopped fresh parsley or dried
• 2 TB paprika
1. Par-boil or cook rice. I used left over brown rice. (Cover the rice with water, bring to a boil and cook until almost of the water is gone. You want it just soft, it is not necessary to cook though, but use leftovers if you have them.)
2. Combine the cooked or parboiled rice with the meat, parsley and paprika.
• 1 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
• 2 TB Brown Sugar
• 1 ½ TB minced garlic
1. Pour the can of tomato sauce in the crock-pot. Fill the empty can with water; swirl around to get the excess sauce out, pour in the crock-pot. (Now your can is recycle ready too! ☺)
2. Add the brown sugar and garlic and stir together with the sauce and water.
3. Place the bell peppers in the crock-pot on top of the sauce, ladle a bit of sauce over each bell pepper.
4. Cook the bell peppers on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
*** If you do not have the time to do a cock-pot add all follow the above method and put in a large crock-pot. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low for 1- 1½ hours.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious bell peppers. To serve place a cut bell pepper on the plate with a bit of sauce over the top. Place a dollop of sour cream on top of the sauce (this adds to the Hungarian twist). Pair with a nice spring salad. (Most likely you wont eat that bell pepper so you need another veggie. You do have enough protein and starch though.